Why giving my kids the junk they sell when it takes few minutes to make these real strawberries ice pops?
I am so glad to say that the sunny days are not over!
The sun was back warm yesterday and today!
Dedeo e Deta are constantly in the green playing with their friends and it is such a wonderful thing.
Datti asks me to read in the sun, just outside the front door or to go for a ride on her special bike.
And then punctual arrives the ice cream van!
I am not condemning him because I actually like him.
We don’t have this thing anymore in Italy (it was a different type of icecream on wheel) maybe because ice creamery are everywhere.
But I find the van that comes to the place of fun with its merry tunes very characteristic!!!
The van comes everyday and fortunately not everyday Deta runs in asking me for ice cream.
When she does, sometimes I have to give in, other times I just have to be prepared and have in the freezer a better alternative…
The other two know better than pretty please me for that ice cream but if they know that there is one of those real fruit ice pops in the freezer they are sure to ask for them instead!!
Lately I am playing with little variations on my classic real fruit ice pops, hence this Real Strawberry Ice Pops with Chocolate Top!
Be prepared: buy one of those ice pops mould, some fresh strawberries and make these Real Strawberry Ice Pops with Chocolate Top a day ahead.
Ingredients for Real Strawberries Ice Pops with Chocolate Top
- 300 g fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (only if fruit is not sweet enough)
- 30 g dark chocolate min 75 % cacao
Instructions for Real Strawberries Ice Pops with Chocolate Top
- Melt the chocolate in the microvawe for two mins and then stir with a teaspoon to finish the process or at bain Marie. TIP: I usually melt it in a gravy boat it is so much easier to pour!
- Wait a minute so that the chocolate is not too hot for going in contact with the plastic and then pour a little bit of the melted chocolate in each mould.
- Wash and cut the strawberries.
- Place them in a jug and add the maple syrup if you like.
- Puree them with a hand blender -do not add any liquid!
- Pour the blended strawberries on top of the chocolate.
- Close the mould with their sticks.
- Place the moulds in the freezer.
- Enjoy them after at least 8 hours!
Hi Maggie made these ice pops but I added some natural yogurt and the kids loved them! I am going to make some more but using mango this time – I’ll let you know if they are a success!
Hi Angie. Go ahead with Mango I have done them many time with it and they turn out great! Enjoy!